The idea for this green smoothie comes from the amazing Sarma of oneluckyduck.com. I recently purchased her book Living Raw Food and am loving it. While some of the recipes can be complex, she has many that can be made in minutes.
This Ginger Cilantro Shake is a hybrid of her Cilantro-Pineapple Shake and her Bangkok Baby. Here is my version. It’s a nice healthy green drink.
Ginger Cilantro Shake
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 cucumber (no need to peel), cut into pieces
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ finger length ginger (no need to peel)
- 5 little pieces pineapple
- In a blender, combine cilantro, cucumber, lime juice (and a little water if needed to help blend)
- Blend in ginger and pineapple until smooth
- Pour into a big glass
- Sip slowly like wine, to help with digestion
Wellness expert and gluten-free guru Elana Amsterdam is the New York Times bestselling author of the book Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry, and founder of the blog elanaspantry.com, where she shares simple, healthy recipes and lifestyle advice.
Elana has written for Parents, Shape Magazine, and Delicious Living and has been featured in a variety of media outlets including Fortune Magazine, The Washington Post, and The Wall Street Journal, and has appeared on CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News Live.
Her other books include The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook (Random House 2009) named one of the “Best Cookbooks of the Year” by The Denver Post, and Gluten Free Cupcakes (Random House 2011), a tome of enticing, yet healthy desserts.